WebFileMan is a PHP & MySQL solution. You will need PHP version 4.2 or greater or PHP5 and MySQL version 3.23 or greater.
- After your purchase you'll be provided with the instant download link for the WebFileMan zip file.
- Extract all the files from this zip archive on your computer.
- Please copy the database_conf.sample.php to database_conf.php, then open the new database_conf.php file in your text editor and enter your MySQL database configuration information.
- Create the folder path on your web server where the protected files will be physically stored. Please note that this is not the path where WebFileMan will be installed, but the files that will be protected by WebFileMan. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to put them outside of your web-accessible path! The script should be able to write to this directory, you will probably need to make chmod 777 for it.
- Please copy the storage_conf.sample.php to storage_conf.php, then open the new storage_conf.php file in your text editor and enter full path to your storage directory created in the previous step.
- Decide where you will be installing WebFileMan on your server and upload there all the files keeping their directory structure.
- Open up the web page where you have uploaded the files. You will be transferred to the setup screen. Please follow the instructions on the screen.
- Delete the setup folder on your web server. Now your WebFileMan secure downloads area system is ready for use. Please note that it may require some configuration depending on your kind of business. Please go to http://www.webfileman.com/ to check out the help and documentation files.
For security, remove the setup folder after your installation.
Please contact us if you have any questions.